Monday, September 26, 2011

Review: Cookie Dough bars from LUNA Bar

When I was at a food show in July, I was able to sample the Chocolate Peanut Butter bar from LUNA Bar.  There are a few new bars in the line that were specifically created to be gluten-free.  I thoroughly enjoyed the flavor I had and bought some of the bars when I found them later at Natural Foods Warehouse.

Last weekend I found the Cookie Dough flavor at Target and I must say that this flavor is by far my favorite of the two I've tried so far!  It's kind of like a bad-for-you candy bar that is actually pretty good for you.  And unlike most candy bards - the LUNA bar is full of fiber!  This is my new go-to chocolate/protein bar. I paid $5.49 for a box of six bars which I consider a very good deal.  Please note that all bars in this line are NOT gluten-free.      

Gluten-free in a pandemic? No problem!

Not to make light of the current situation the world finds itself in, but I'm so thankful that I learned to self isolate when I was diag...