Wednesday, June 11, 2014

These are a few of my favorite things....

If you live in the metro Atlanta area and have to follow a gluten-free diet, there isn't much to complain about.  Obviously, the initial shock of being told you have to stop eating the way you have all your life and learn how to eat gluten-free is daunting.  But these days, it's easier than ever to treat yourself during that trying project - and for long after you've accomplished it as well!

I can't name everything I've found to be insanely delicious in the ATL (that could fill a book!), but here are a few of my absolutely fave finds.


  • Cheese straws from Marilyn's gluten-free I get these at Whole Foods and ship them as gifts from the website.  Warning: these are one of the most addictive indulgences I've come across in a long while!
  • Pound cake from Sally's Gluten Free Bakery.  Topping this old fashioned pound cake with fresh strawberries (marinated in sugar and almond extract) and whipped cream will rock your world!
  • Cinnamon scones and cheese biscuits from Gluten-Free Cutie. Both items freeze well so I order them by the dozen, especially for the holidays! 
  • NEW! hamburger buns and bread from Pure Knead.  If you like soft white bread and buns that do not need to be heated, toasted or altered in any way, check out this fabulous new bread!  Rolling out to many Kroger stores presently and the new hot dog bun (not available retail currently) is hitting the gluten-free cart at Turner Field soon. *These two new items from Pure Knead are also egg-free, but you'd never know it by the taste!
  • Pizza and Cheesy Bread at Blue Moon Pizza.  I used to try new gluten-free pizza options around town and after being thoroughly unimpressed (or disgusted) with various crusts, I finally stopped.  Like my Grandmother used to say "once you've had the best, why try the rest?"  The pizza at Blue Moon ranks among the best gluten-free options in NYC!  
  • Linguini from RP's Pasta.  Several Whole Foods carry some gluten-free products from this incredible line.  I've been known to buy every package at the Whole Foods where I shop because they are often out of stock for weeks on end.  Hand down my favorite fresh gluten-free pasta!  


Gluten-free in a pandemic? No problem!

Not to make light of the current situation the world finds itself in, but I'm so thankful that I learned to self isolate when I was diag...