Friday, December 2, 2011

Review: Venice Bakery pizza crusts

I've been enjoying the regular (unseasoned) gluten-free pizza crusts from Venice Bakery for a while now.  My local pizza place, Pepperoni's, serves it and the only complaint I have is that there isn't a 14" option available there.  Apparently, the crust can be ordered wholesale in larger sizes, but the local distributor carries only the personal size option.

Recently, I was offered a sample package of crusts from Venice Bakery.  Naturally, I gladly accepted it!  Before the box arrived, I didn't even realize all the items the bakery produces.  Inside the package there were plain and seasoned pizza crusts and flatbread crusts in both 5" and 12" sizes.  The 5" size makes for a perfect lunch pizza.

I have to say that the seasoned flatbread (used to make pizza) was simply exceptional tasting!  The Italian seasonings were spot on and my husband has now declared that his new favorite gluten-free crust is the seasoned flatbread from Venice Bakery!  The only difference I noticed between the flatbread and pizza crust is the thickness.  The latter is the thinnest of the two.  Each option was delicious and the left overs, both the pizza and flatbread, reheated very well!

Venice Bakery ships right to your door and supplies many restaurants with gluten-free crusts.  They now offer a gluten-free focaccia as well, though I didn't get to sample it.  Based on the other items in the line, I'm assuming that it tastes outstanding as well.  

*The products reviewed above were sent to me free of charge. As always, my opinions are my own and have not been influenced in any way.  

Gluten-free in a pandemic? No problem!

Not to make light of the current situation the world finds itself in, but I'm so thankful that I learned to self isolate when I was diag...