Friday, November 4, 2011

Review: Enjoy Life Foods 'not nuts!' trail mixes


not nuts!<sup>®</sup> beach bash<sup>®</sup> : click to enlarge

There is not a nut I don't like.  I'm a huge fan of nuts - pecans, cashews, macadamias, walnuts - all nuts.  I love them.  So, when Enjoy Life Foods sent me their trail mixes to review, I didn't even remember until they arrived that all products in the line are allergen free.  Meaning that none of them contain nuts of any kind.  I figured that I might not enjoy the mixes since they are nut free and the only reason I'd typically eat trail mix is for the nuts.

Below is description of the products:


Happy trails to you.

Salty, sweet and crunchy, our trail mix is so good you won’t even miss the nuts. On the trail or on the go, it's the ideal portable snack. With no peanuts or tree nuts (or any other allergens for that matter), it also makes a great school-safe treat.
gluten-free, dairy-free, peanut-free, tree-nut free, soy free, egg free and casein-free


Once I read the ingredients on each of the two bags, I felt better about my chances of liking the mixes.  After all, I quite like dried fruit, sunflower kernels, pumpkin seeds and salt. The first mix I opened was the 'beach bash' and it was excellent - the perfect blend of savory and sweet ingredients!  There are six servings in a bag, but this snack is so good one could easily get carried away and down half the bag without thinking about it.  To keep from doing that, I put the mix in a small ramekin.

Next up was the 'mountain mambo' mix.  It too was delicious and a little extra special in that it contains chocolate chips!  Seriously, dried fruit and chocolate - what's not to like?!  I'm not really sure which mix I think is the best of the two.  They are each extremely tasty and both fairly different.  I can see putting some of the trail mix into small baggies to have on hand when dining out in a place that doesn't offer gluten-free appetizers.  The resealable pouch package will also travel well and not take up a lot of space in luggage.

If you like the ingredients listed in these two mixes, you're sure to like the combinations of them that Enjoy Life Foods came up with for these delightful products!

*The products reviewed above were sent to me free of charge. As always, my comments are my own and have not been influenced by any outsides sources.    

Gluten-free in a pandemic? No problem!

Not to make light of the current situation the world finds itself in, but I'm so thankful that I learned to self isolate when I was diag...