Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Mina's Gluten Free based in the ATL!


Until recently, I was unaware of the company in Stone Mountain that produces gluten/allergen-free mixes called Mina's Purely Divine Gluten Free Mixes.  I met Mina at the recent gluten-free vendor fair here and eventually got a chance to test taste some delicious goodies made with her mixes.  The product line is fairly unique in that there are only three mixes (A, B and C) which can make everything under the sun that is traditionally made with gluten.

I had the bagels which tasted just like a normal gluten bagel and made for a perfect turkey pesto sandwich for lunch.  The other samples included chocolate cake and carrot cake.  The chocolate used in the chocolate mix is of high quality which makes for delicious and rich chocolate treats.  The carrot cake was also wonderful and after snacking on tiny versions of each cake over several days, I ended up falling in love with the carrot cake!  It was always a favorite of mine when I ate gluten and I'd always choose it over chocolate desserts any day.

Mina's mixes are made in a dedicated gluten-free facility and are free of all forms of gluten, soy, corn, dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish and shellfish.  You can read more about how this interesting product line got started HERE.  There is an array of recipes to use with the three mixes on the company's website.  Currently, the product line can be ordered online, but I hope to see some local stores pick it up soon!

Gluten-free in a pandemic? No problem!

Not to make light of the current situation the world finds itself in, but I'm so thankful that I learned to self isolate when I was diag...