Delight gluten-free Magazine Press Release
407 W. 51st Street, Suite 1B
New York, NY 10019
Phone (800) 305-6964
Delight Gluten-Free Magazine Announces new publisher,
Executive Editor, and Expanded distribution plan
New York, MARCH 30, 2011—Delight Gluten-Free Magazine is pleased to announce its purchase by SideWalk Media, a move that will help the dynamic magazine expand its reach into new mainstream markets.
Jordan Gary—the magazine’s new Publisher—plans to significantly expand distribution over the next year into more mainstream retailers, as well as enhance the presence of the magazine nationally and internationally. With the new ownership, the magazine has also refined its entire concept to target the global gluten-free community including people living with Celiac Disease, Diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis and Autism, as well as all-around foodies.
With the purchase, Vanessa Maltin Weisbrod has been promoted to Executive Editor of the magazine. Vanessa has been with the magazine since its beginning in 2008 and has been a driving force behind its success. She has a longstanding background in the journalism, culinary and gluten-free worlds, has published two gluten-free cookbooks and is a leading authority in the Celiac Disease community. In her new role, Vanessa will oversee all things editorial in the magazine, as well as shape the vision for it moving forward.
Julie Luse—the former publisher of the magazine—has decided to take a small step back to spend more time with her blossoming family, however she will continue on at the magazine as the Founding Editor and as Creative Director where she will be responsible for maintaining the beautiful look and feel of Delight Gluten-Free Magazine.
Additionally, Tiffany Janes has been promoted to Director of Advertising & Community Outreach. Tiffany has been a contributor to the magazine for the last two years and is a household name in the gluten-free community. She writes for several gluten-free blogs and has led the charge in Atlanta for getting restaurants to adopt gluten-free menus.
Future issues of the magazine will include:
· Interviews with celebrities maintaining a gluten-free diet. The Spring 2011 issue features an up close and personal interview with Tenley Molzhan, best known as America’s Sweetheart who appeared on ABC’s The Bachelor.
· Dozens of fully illustrated recipes that have all been tested and approved in-house by magazine test kitchen staff.
· Enlightening articles that will help readers maintain a special diet.
· A gluten-free lifestyle guide that includes safe and unsafe foods, as well as tips for understanding food additives and reading labels. Expanded recipes and substitutions for gluten-free, dairy (casein-free), nut- free, egg-free, soy-free, rice-free, corn-free and many vegetarian options.
· Comprehensive travel articles that will help readers plan gluten-free, allergen-free trips around the world.
· And, much, much more!
Delight Gluten-Free Magazine is published quarterly and is currently available by annual subscription, at Amazon.com, nationally in Whole Foods Market, Barnes & Noble, and Borders, as well as hundreds of local and organic markets. The magazine can also be found in nearly 1,000 doctors’ offices and hospital centers. An annual subscription is $18 and includes four issues of the magazine.
Delight Gluten-Free Magazine is national and international food & lifestyle publication for people with food allergies and sensitivities. Filled with fully illustrated recipes and glossy hi-resolution food photos, Delight has been put in categories with other popular food magazines on today’s newsstands. For more information, please visit www.DelightGlutenFree.com.
Note from Tiffany:
Save $1 on your subscription for Delight gluten-free Magazine! Enter coupon code Spring when you check out. If you want your savings to be donated to a children's celiac charity, enter the coupon code celiackids. Offer good through 4-8-11. Click HERE to place your order. Happy gluten-free reading!