Monday, October 24, 2011

Review: Cedar's brand of hummus

Since I've been gluten-free, I have grown to LOVE hummus!  I doubt I even ate any before I was 40, but now I hate to go a day without it.  It's one of the most healthy spreads around and with so many flavors to choose from, there is something for everyone!

While checking out the hummus offerings at Whole Foods recently, I came across a couple of flavors from Cedar's that I've not seen before.  I picked up both the Spinach Artichoke and Roasted Red Pepper 'hommus' as they call their product.  Both are clearly marked gluten-free right on the top of the lid.

The Spinach Artichoke flavor was okay, but not one of my favorites.  I love spinach artichoke dip so this was quite surprising.  The Roasted Red Pepper hummus was right up my alley.  It's bursting with wonderful flavor and is simply delicious!

Cedar's gluten-free items bear the GFCO symbol.  The Gluten Free Certification Organization is a division of GIG.      

Gluten-free in a pandemic? No problem!

Not to make light of the current situation the world finds itself in, but I'm so thankful that I learned to self isolate when I was diag...