There are a couple of pie crust recipes on the list and I've not made either of them. However, I can vouch for the basic pie crust recipe on the Pamela's Products website. It's a no-fail crust, but since the Pamela's mix contains dairy, it's not an option for the gluten/dairy-free set. For a great gluten/dairy-free crust, check out the version from Jules Gluten Free.
No one is going to accuse me of being an exceptional cook or baker, but I do pretty well for someone who didn't do much in the kitchen except buy pretty things for it until after she was forty and diagnosed with celiac disease...lol! Below are the dishes (not recipes) we've always made in my family for Thanksgiving.
- Roasted Turkey (Butterball brand is gluten-free and as of 2009, so is the gravy packet!)
- Cornbread dressing (I make the cornbread from the Pamela's website using the pancake mix, not the cornbread mix from that line)
- Green Bean Casserole (I prefer homemade fried onions made with Jules Gluten Free flour and am excited to use the new condensed Cream of Mushroom soup from Pacific Natural Foods for the first time this year)
- Candied Yams *this dish is naturally gluten-free
- Cranberry Sauce (both the jellied and whole berry versions from Ocean Spray are gluten-free)
- Pecan Pie (I use the Pamela's mix for the pie crust as noted above)
For a complete list of wonderful gluten-free Thanksgiving recipes, visit Teri's page at About.com! Also, we have many Thanksgiving and Fall recipes over at Celiac-Disease.com.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!